Sort by:
  • Author
      Paviano
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

Description:
      Suggest to have assets that can transport people quickly i.e train, cars, airplane, boat, etc. rather than letting avatars teleport. A great metaverse should be able to capture what’s in the real-world.

Type of change:
      new feature

Paviano
      Participant
      Up
      Down

We should consider things we can do in the real world, and potentially consider that in the metaverse i.e having animals in the future..

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Paviano.
      AngeliMyluv
      Participant
      Up
      Down

It would be cool to have subway, or subway in the sky! Anything futuristic!!

Cryptovity
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Teleport to another metaverse – YES!
      Teleport within pavia metaverse – NO!

Our metaverse should be FUTURISTIC, INNOVATIVE but should be BELIEVABLE (real-life).

Ayfrm
      Participant
      Up
      Down

100% agree

LimbicNFT.io
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I tend to agree with this, but at the same time I don’t know how effective this limitation could be. Even if the metaverse should reflect some part of the reality, it’s also great to free ourselves from the limitations of the real world and instantly pop into places. I was playing the other day in decentraland and it is actually great that sometimes you can just teleport and don’t need to hop on a train or airplane.

But I think we could add some tweaks to the teleportation feature that could benefit the people with plots nearby. For instance I added a proposal to create Arts and Culture public spaces, and thought of a parachute idea that could work for the teletransportation. So each person that teletransport, instead of going straight into the space, they could just drop from the sky with a parachute, and land close to the place they chose, (like half block away). It should be something quick, not that they are gliding for a minute. Maybe something like 5 seconds, but it gives the person enough time to view from high up their surroundings, and land close enough to the place, but also not straight into the plot.

I’m just afraid that if we limit the users to take a mode of transportation and spent 30 seconds or a a few minutes going to places, they might stop engaging. I think we should provide fast connections, but with incentives to see other areas, either by seeing the landscape as they land from the teleportation or by landing nearby and they need to walk a few feet to the venue. Just my two cents.

polohot
        Participant
        Up
        Down

+1 Make it easy, but not too easy

Patrick
        Participant
        Up
        Down

I really like the idea’s in this post, while teleporting might be quick and easy, it takes something away from virtual space, that is foot traffic, imagine there is an event on in a location of the map, with pure teleporting people don’t see the movement of the users in the space, with portals or parachuting the whole population can see where users and activities are happening, like when a big football match is on and crowds are all getting the train in the same direction.
        If portals are used, perhaps a virtual “trail” / indicator than users are teleporting to a specific zone. Trains could also be used with a “fast track” option to skip the travelling but still giving an visual indication that traffic is going in a direction.

8bitmania
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Teleport can use when you’re owner NFT of project that land

MCBrisbane
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I think we will need to be able to walk, run and low-level fly, plus teleport to key hubs around the map.

Flying at a low level allows you to move quickly but also still see and feel connected to what is going on below you.

Technically this is a balancing act, as we want to be able to move quickly when needed and not have to ‘work’ to move around but also not by-pass 90% of the world by teleporting everytime we move more than a few squares.

Julian
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I think you should be able to spawn in your plot / house. Also be able to walk around in public space and pathways. Teleporting inside the metaverse to random places kind of sucks. Better to have trams or some sort of transportation

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.