Sort by:
  • Author
      Immutable Mind
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

Description

(This proposal is different to the proposal suggesting that individual trees on standards plots could be backed by corresponding living trees).

Making both the Cardno blockchain (and the Pavia metaverse) carbon neutral will be in our long-term interest and would help us promote Pavia to users beyond Cardano.

This PIP is a suggestion to find a way to represent the growing Cardano Forest [1] in the Pavia metaverse. This would create huge incentives for the community to continue planting trees as one of the requirements of securing plots in the virtual forest.

Type of change

New feature

Checklist
      I’ve checked to make sure this PIP hasn’t already been suggested.
      I genuinely believe this PIP is in the best interest of the community.

[1] https://ito.veritree.com/

LimbicNFT.io
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I think this is an interesting idea. If Pavia could collaborate with veritree and every tree in Pavia is connected to a donation in Veritreee could be interesting. This could also be connected with the other PIP about creating parks in Pavia. Some corporation that donates to veritree could also plant those virtual trees into the park.

Immutable Mind
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I’m a bit embarrassed to add that, so far, I’ve hesitated to donate a reasonable amount of Ada to the Cardano Forest.

However, if the Cardano Forest “Starter tier” NFT (100 Ada) was a requirement before purchasing a Pavia forest plot and the “Greener tier” NFT (500 Ada) was required before being able to purchase a forest estate…. we would really be helping Cardano become carbon neutral, helping the environment — and — people like me would go all-in on both Cardano Forest and Pavia’s forest realm.

Joe
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I think a part of the new map could be a reserved area where projects for conservation like this can represent themselves, and eventually in VR it would also be great to have a nature reserve that you can explore and interact with

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.