Viewing 18 reply threads
Sort by:
  • Author
      Reidos
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

I think it would be a great idea to be able to lease out lands (complete land lease where anything can be modified during lease period) and/or lease out advertising space on your plot (unable to modify land but can use allocated parts for example: A billboard)

Simmity
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I think this is a great idea. I would love to see a simple system for leasing out a property like airbnb but metabnb. Rent out your house for a specific period of time.

mad-folio
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Building on the idea from @simmity a market place for renting out space for limited periods of time could be a great idea. If you had an area that could be rented by a company as a pop up for a particular amount of time a market place could be really useful and would be a source of income for the project.

jan3k
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I think this is awesome, as it could bring a lot of brands from non crypto space to Pavia, as they could rent some nice plot for use in campaign setting for example their pop up nft merch store with some party etc.

Eclipse
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Leasing could also be provided to game devs who want to make use of land spaces to explore their creative interests, leasing fees could be reduced and changed instead to a small precentage of their game earnings.

Reidos
      Participant
      Up
      Down

If people can’t afford to buy land in Pavia, at least give them the ability to rent/lease a place. And give anyone the ability to pay for advertising space, anywhere where it is being sold. I already have plans for a big billboard by the plaza to help people advertise their product.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Up
      Down

IMO this is a great idea. Leasing land may provide opportunities for people who are unfamiliar with building to grant access of their property to those that are looking to build. This in turn may allow Pavia locations to scale up faster, making Pavia a great location to hang out. I am unsure though how this will play out on the regulatory side but it’s something we should definitely explore.

PH
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I agree on all of this proposals it will help both land owners, lessors and Pavia as well.

Steve B
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I can see the ideas/concepts of leasing advertising and specifically billboards being popular – even the mock-up sites being displayed (Cardano Kitchen) have utilised billboards.
      While this is probably a no-brainer for monetising land and building spaces, we would also need to think about the visual impact of these signs on the aesthetics and overall themes of different zones and areas of the metaverse. It would be a shame to end up with a 3D version of the worst years of all consuming advertisements and popups visited upon us on Web2 webpages and sites. Clever use of tech and city ordinances (reviewed by all stakeholders often) could allow for a true win win result enhancing the metascape – not polluting it. This needs to be discussed early in metaverse planning.

gulla0
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Completely agree with Steve B.
      Maybe limit the number of billboard adverts in a specific area. While advert rights move from one parcel to another in the specified area after the leasing term ends.
      Although I do think adverts would make most sense and earn highest rent in the mainland area.

Rich Mil
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Could we implement a Home Owner’s Association? I also agree with SteveB. So many things will be important for the up-keep of aesthetics.

WSTR
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Perfect idea, total support. I would like to add that it would be great if a parcel can be partially lended. Hereby you can have seperate apartments/offices/galleries in the same parcel, bounded by XYZ coördinates.

8bitmania
      Participant
      Up
      Down

If the area can be rented out before the game opens

I will do a campaign for players. Interested in building on Pavia using my own land to open to people without land to participate.

Jason
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Absolutely leasing land for a small fee is a killer idea! Can’t get behind the HOA at all though. Though I hate hoa’s enough in real life.

ArtDeMoraes
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I decided to share my thoughts on land occupation in Pavia here.
      My concern is how the land will be occupied in the future. This occupation is directly related to the possibility of renting spaces on the land with a view to financial return. For this reason it is important to be able to rent spaces, but we must limit the number of spaces per unit of land.
      If it is possible to rent several spaces in a unit of land, this will lead to a spatial occupation with six-story buildings, being able to form blocks of 16x16x20, causing us to have a not very attractive plastic result. My suggestion is to limit to a maximum of four spaces for rent in each land unit, and each space can only have one floor level. In this way, the buildings will have a more beautiful appearance and will enhance the city.
      The issue of limiting the occupancy of the space for rent to one floor level aims to prevent that, even with four spaces per unit of land, it is possible to make six-story buildings forming 16x16x20 boxes.
      As for the issue of areas of streets in lots with more than one unit of land, I think that these areas can be occupied and the number of spaces for rent should be a maximum of four spaces per unit of land and the maximum construction area cannot be greater than the sum of the areas of the land units that make up the lot.
      To carry out the separation of lots with more than one unit of land, the areas of the streets cannot present any type of construction.

Reidos
        Participant
        Up
        Down

If limiting leasing of lands to 4 land parcels, this excludes anyone who happens to own an estate. Also, with current guidelines, you can only build to the following heights per land parcel

1 parcel = 20m height
        2 conjoined land parcels = 32m height
        3 conjoined parcels = 40m height
        4 conjoined parcels = 46m

ArtDeMoraes
      Participant
      Up
      Down

…continuing thoughts on land occupation in Pavia
      I don’t think it will be possible to release the occupation of streets between plots of land in lots with more than one unit of land. If this is done, the closing of one or more lands may occur, just imagine the sale of the central land unit of a plot of 3×3 units of land, this central land would lose the passage.
      I think that this can only be done if the occupation of the streets between the lots in lots with more than one unit of land purchased at launch is released, that is, the land purchased together at launch would have the right to join them and could not separates them without ensuring the passage of the separate ground unit
      Or perhaps, making a distinction between streets, making it possible to occupy some streets and not others, as if there were main streets and secondary streets.
      The issue is indeed very complex, but I hope these thoughts will help the Pavia team and community to resolve this impasse.

ArtDeMoraes
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Thanks Reidos for the reply, but where is this information. I think they still haven’t defined whether it will be possible to build on conjugated land as you said.
      Correct me if I’m wrong

ArtDeMoraes
      Participant
      Up
      Down

You had seen it in the “3D Pavia Compatible Asset (PCA) – Guidelines and Specifications”, but when they gave me this document they told me that I was still not allowed to design in lots with more than one unit of land, which would have more information when they decide on this issue

ArtDeMoraes
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I believe that we have a problem regarding mobility, I mentioned earlier, we have a circulation area between the plots, which I believe means that we have a side that defines a future of 4m in the four of the plots and the actual size is 24x24m. As land has already been put, this issue of joining more than one land can cause an interruption in the passage of some lands.
      I don’t know if I’m being clear, because I speak Portuguese and I’m using Google translator.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.