Viewing 6 reply threads
Sort by:
  • Author
      Ace_in_space
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

The thought of land ownership is exciting and the people have all sorts of great ideas.

This PIP suggests a simple builder interface, similar to The Sim’s game for PC. Prefabricated items and building can also be created for those who want to fill their spaces vs. building.

Good luck all.

mad-folio
      Participant
      Up
      Down

This is super important but there also needs to be ab way to add functionality simply to components. It would be great for example to be able to easily create businesses on the land that you own. To do this there needs to be modules where you can display and pay for CNFTs for example or modules that enable other transactions.

Patrick
      Participant
      Up
      Down

What if there were some present assets, simple sim like builder to start off with, but then users could learn / pay for users who can build 3D assets to create their dream home / office / business for them? Like in-game architects / builders.
      As long as Pavia supports basic 3D formats like .IFC / .SAT, (with file size limits of course) most 3D design softwares can export to these and then be imported into whatever tool is used for asset creation in Pavia, personally I already have an idea for the design of my estate and wouldn’t want to be limited to “Sims” style content creation 🙂
      But still support the idea as a whole, I just hope Pavia will allow for custom content in some way, maybe even with planning application process to prevent misuse.

Reidos
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Branching on from Patrick’s idea, one solution could be to have an ‘internal’ and ‘external’ view of the world, as well as a map view. Externally, it is seen and explored the way Pavia intends for it to be seen, but if you enter into someone’s ‘front door’ or access their land, then you get taken to the ‘internal’ view, where is it up to the land owner to choose from a multitude of 3D developers so the experience can be a particular way, rather than how the ‘external’ , ‘outside land’ view would look.
      I hope that made some sense.

Ace_in_space
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I agree that utility is paramount. Ideally we will be able to write “contracts” (simple if, then scripts) that run around the clock on our plots.

It would be great if we could hire online architects to mod our structures. Support for basic 3D formats are a must. Size is a concern that I hadn’t considered, I wonder what will be done to reduce lag and over loading.

For the entry level user, some prefab units to start and a simple builder UI.

Mans property
      Participant
      Up
      Down

One plat spaces:

For people that only own 1 plat in a given area, can we be able to build a drop floor to expand into a art gallory or a house. Estates have been really hard to come by and more for the individual I think this would be a great Idea to give more people opertunities.

Steve B
      Participant
      Up
      Down

I agree with Aceinspace’s proposal and the variants proposed by Patrick and Reidos and Mans Property. Providing as much utility and ability to create both as novice landholders and experienced designers/modders would richly enhance the experience for everyone entering the Pavian metaverse. Cities Skylines is an excellent example of how enabling modders, detailers and players expanded and extended the playability and interest in the classic city builder game. A big player base and a dev team that saw the value in supporting 3rd party involvement in the game has been a win for everyone. This would translate well into Pavia.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.